Saucy Beef Short Ribs
- 2 pounds short ribs, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup original barbecue sauce
- Add ribs, salt and pepper, and half of chopped onion to large pot.
Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer
- Remove from heat and drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add cooking liquid, garlic, remaining onion, red wine and barbecue
sauce to medium saucepan. Bring sauce to boil, then reduce heat and
simmer 5 minutes.
- Spread ribs out in baking pan, and pour sauce over.
- Cover with
aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes or until golden and cooked