Short Ribs with Raspberry Barbecue Sauce
- 5 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® short ribs
- Water, as needed
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 9 ounces prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper; gently rub into meat.
Place ribs into large baking pan with high sides and fitted with a metal rack.
Pour approximately 1 to 2 inches water into the bottom of the pan; do not cover
ribs with water. Cover tightly with foil or lid and roast 4 hours; do not uncover
- Place raspberries in blender with 1/4 cup water and pureé. Strain through
a metal sieve to remove seeds; discard seeds.
- Mix together barbecue sauce, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup water into
- Remove ribs from oven. Brush with barbecue sauce and grill 5 minutes on
- Slice and serve.
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Certified Angus Beef® brand