Smoked Ribs with Honey-Mustard Sauce
- Hickory chips
- 5 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Soak hickory chips in water at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes or until coals are white.
- Place hickory chips on coals.
- Place water in pan in smoker; fill with water.
- Place ribs on food rack. Cover with smoker lid; cook ribs 3 hours.
- Combine honey and remaining ingredients in a saucepan; cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Baste ribs with sauce; cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Turn ribs over, and baste again with sauce.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings