Spareribs and Apples
- 3 to 3 1/2 pound pork spareribs
Salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 4 tart apples, cored and halved or quartered
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse off meat and pat dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt
and peppers. Place ribs in shallow baking pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes then pour off fat from pan.
- Reduce baking temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle onions over ribs.
- In medium bowl mix wine, brown sugar and chili sauce
together. Pour evenly over ribs and continue baking for 1
- Add the apple halves. Spoon pan drippings over apples
and continue cooking an additional 30 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
If ribs are browning too much, cover pan with aluminum foil
during the last 30 minutes.