Spicy Orange Pork Ribs
- 3 pounds pork side ribs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut ribs into small sections; trim fat. in large saucepan, cover
ribs with cold water. Add onion and bay leaf. Bring to boil; simmer
for 35-40 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Drain, discarding onion and bay leaf.
- Sauce: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine juice, honey, soy sauce,
ginger, five-spice powder and garlic. Bring to boil; reduce heat
and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Arrange ribs in single layer in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon sauce
- Bake in 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven, turning twice
and basting occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until ribs are glazed
and sauce is thickened and sticky.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Canadian Living magazine, March 1995