Tropic Sun Spareribs
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds spareribs or country-style ribs
- 3 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Rub ribs with garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange onion in large baking pan. Place ribs on top. Add 1/4 cup water
to pan. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Spoon over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour
Makes 4 to 6 servings.