- 1 boneless pork butt, ground (about 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Rustic Rub
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons file powder
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 8 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Sausage: Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Make patties or whatever you need with the mixture.
- Rustic Rub: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Blend well. Can be
stored in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to
- Divide into five parts (one pound each) and freeze.