Coca-Cola Glazed Kielbasa
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seed
- 2 pounds Polish kielbasa sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola Classic
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- In a 5 1/2 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat the oil
until hot. Add the onions, green bell pepper and two rosemary sprigs.
Lower the heat to medium and cook until the onions are nearly translucent,
about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in honey, mustard seed, and sausage. Pour the Coca-Cola over
the sausage and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and
cook, uncovered, until the liquid is absorbed and glazes the sausage.
This will take about 30-40 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent the
sausage from sticking.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs from the Dutch oven and transfer the
sausage slices to serving platter. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Variation: Substitute red wine or dark beer for the Coca-Cola Classic;
chorizo or andouille sausage for the kielbasa.