- Pork bone, such as ribs or shank
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup enriched cornmeal
- 3 cups boiling water
- Cook pork bone in 3 cups boiling water. (pressure cooker is best)
- Take all the meat off the bone.
- Combine cold water, cornmeal and salt. Slowly poor into boiling
meat juice, stirring constantly. Bring to boiling point, cover and
continue cooking over low heat five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a loaf pan. Cool slightly; cover and chill several hours
- When chilled, scrapple is cut into 1/2-inch slices. Fry on lightly
greased griddle or in frying pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.
One-half pound fried bacon, broken in small pieces, may be used instead of the meat from the pork bone.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sausage Recipes