Spuds and Sausages in a Bag
- 4 lunch-size paper bags
- 4 medium-size potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, margarine or olive oil
- 4 mild Italian sausages or smoked bratwurst
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil inside bottom of paper bags. Place bags on a cookie
- Divided potatoes and onions equally among bags. Sprinkle
salt, pepper and oregano over potatoes and drizzle with butter,
margarine or olive oil.
- Place 1 sausage in each bag. Fold down bag tops and secure with
- Bake 1 hour, until potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve on individual plates.
Makes 4 servings.