Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 3 pounds turkey legs, de-boned (do not skin or trim fat)
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Put turkey through a meat grinder, using the disc with the largest
holes. Add remaining ingredients to ground turkey and mix thoroughly
by hand. Form mixture into patties, using about 1/4 cup for each.
- The turkey sausage will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator
or for 6 months, uncooked, in the freezer.
Makes 12 to 14 patties.
To use, preheat a nonstick fry pan over medium-low heat. Cover and
cook for about 10 minutes, flipping the patties after 5 minutes,
until they are brown and crusty on both sides.