Slow-Cooked Turkey and
Stuffing with Onion Glaze
There's no need to roast a whole turkey when you're craving old-fashioned flavors.
Turn on the slow-cooker and enjoy a tempting turkey breast half.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- 1 package (6 ounces) turkey-flavor one-step stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- In medium skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Add onion; cook for
4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned.
- Stir jelly into onion mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring
occasionally, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, spray 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place stuffing
mix in slow cooker. Drizzle with water; mix gently. Sprinkle turkey breast half
with salt and pepper. Place on stuffing mix. Spoon onion mixture over turkey;
- Cover; cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Cut turkey into slices. Serve stuffing topped with turkey slices.
prep time 15 min | total time 6 hr 15 min | servings 5
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Turkey Recipes