Alligator Scaloppini with Sauce Dijon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound alligator fillets, thinly sliced or pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add alligator meat and sauté quickly, 1 minute per side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add shallots to skillet and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add brandy to skillet and deglaze by stirring to loosen browned bits from
bottom of pan.
- Stir in soup, milk, mustard and parsley.
- Simmer over low heat until sauce is smooth and thick.
- To serve, spoon Dijon sauce over alligator scaloppini.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.