Country Style Venison
1 1/2 pounds venison, 3/4 inch thick
1 cup all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 tablespoons bacon drippings
2 cloves garlic,
1 quart water
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Kitchen
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
Hot cooked rice
- Trim all fat and connective tissues from venison. Cut meat into serving
size pieces and pound each piece to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Combine 1 cup flour, seasoned salt, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper;
dredge venison in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon bacon fat in large, heavy skillet. Add garlic; sauté until
golden. Remove garlic; set aside.
- Add remaining fat to skillet; cook venison until lightly browned on both
sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup water and 1/3 cup flour until smooth. Add remaining water; stir
flour mixture into skillet with fat. Cook over medium eat, stirring constantly
until thickened. Stir in Kitchen Bouquet, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon
- Return venison and garlic to skillet and cover. Reduce heat; simmer for
- Add onion and bell pepper; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
>> Wild Game Recipes