Deer Meat Pie
- 1 pound ground venison (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or less
- 1/2 teaspoon
pepper or less
- 1 cup drained canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded American
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion or more
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- Combine ground venison, salt and pepper; spread in 9-inch pie pan, bringing
meat up the sides. Cover with drained tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, parsley,
onion and basil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour off fat; cut into wedges and serve hot.
Ground beef can be substituted for the venison.