Duck a la Orange
- 3 to 4 ducks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 apple, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 rib celery, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice, undiluted
- 2 (6 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 2 boxes long grain and wild rice with seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Season ducks with salt and pepper and stuff ducks with apple, onion and
- Place ducks in roaster and put pats of butter over duck.
- Pour orange juice, mushrooms and wine over ducks.
- Bake covered for 4 hours at 400 degrees F. Baste once or twice during cooking.
Sauce should thicken.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in parsley.
- Remove meat from ducks. Layer rice and duck meat alternately.
- Pour sauce over and bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees F.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.