- 4 large ducks, cut up
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups fresh okra, cut up
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 quarts water
- Gumbo file
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place ducks in Dutch oven with water, celery salt, salt and pepper and boil
- Remove ducks and set aside.
- Fry fresh okra in oil about 10 minutes.
- Make a roux using the stick of butter and 4 tablespoons flour, until the
roux is chocolate brown.
- Add cut-up ducks and 3 quarts of water. Bring all to a boil and simmer 2
to 3 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a little rice in soup bowls and garnish with the file and chopped
Yield: 10 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.