Fried Frog Legs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 16 small or 8 large pairs frog legs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup corn flour (or Masa Harina)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lard or oil (for frying)
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and dried
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Prepare legs by cutting off backbone (if any remains) with a pair of poultry
shears. Cut legs in two where they join. If they are fresh, parboil 3 minutes
in acidulated water (1 portion lemon juice to 4 portions water), drain and pat
dry, Soak for 1 hour in the buttermilk.
- Mix flour with seasonings in a paper bag, add legs, and shake to coat them.
- Heat lard or oil until hot but not smoking, 375 degrees F, and fry legs
a few at a time until golden brown, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Fry parsley about 1 minute, drain on paper towels, and serve with the frog
legs and lemon quarters.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Wild Game Recipes