Fried Frog Legs
- 16 small or 8 large pairs frog legs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup corn flour (or Masa Harina)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lard or oil (for frying)
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and dried
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Prepare legs by cutting off backbone (if any remains) with a pair of poultry
shears. Cut legs in two where they join. If they are fresh, parboil 3 minutes
in acidulated water (1 portion lemon juice to 4 portions water), drain and pat
dry, Soak for 1 hour in the buttermilk.
- Mix flour with seasonings in a paper bag, add legs, and shake to coat them.
- Heat lard or oil until hot but not smoking, 375 degrees F, and fry legs
a few at a time until golden brown, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Fry parsley about 1 minute, drain on paper towels, and serve with the frog
legs and lemon quarters.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.