Ducks may be baked the same way.
- 1 large wild goose, cleaned and drawn
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion
- 1 rib celery
- 1 medium apple
- 1 stem fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef bouillon
- 1 cup red wine
- Sprinkle cavity of bird with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Quarter onions, celery and apple and stuff into cavity. Add parsley stem.
- Put flour in a commercial browning bag and shake well. Put goose into bag and carefully pour bouillon and red wine over goose. Twist end of bag lightly and secure according to directions on package. Puncture top of browning bag with 6 slits. This is very important.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F and roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove goose from bag carefully. Pour gravy into pan and thicken with a little flour and water paste, if desired.
- Serve over rice.