Grilled Cajun Style Gator Tail
You can use the Cajun Seasoning Mix recipe to make your own or use store-bought
- the choice is yours.
- 4 - 6 pounds alligator tail
- Lemon wedges
Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 12 tablespoons paprika
- 6 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons white pepper
- 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon
- Cajun Seasoning Mix: Combine in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well
to combine. Store for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, cut alligator tail meat into 1/2-inch cubes. Roll each
cube in 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Cook over high heat on an outdoor barbecue grill or under the oven broiler
for 4 to 6 minutes, or until alligator tail meat is white and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.
The seasoning mixture will coat up to 24 (4 ounce) servings of gator tail.