Grilled Cajun Style Gator Tail
You can use the Cajun Seasoning Mix recipe to make your own or use store-bought
- the choice is yours.
Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 12 tablespoons paprika
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons white pepper
- 3 tablespoons oregano, crushed
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 - 6 pounds alligator tail
- Lemon wedges
- Cajun Seasoning Mix: Combine in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well
to combine. Store for up to 3 months.
- Alligator: When ready to cook, cut alligator tail meat into 1/2-inch cubes. Roll each cube in 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Cook over high heat on an outdoor barbecue grill or under the oven broiler for 4 to 6 minutes, or until alligator tail meat is white and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.
The seasoning mixture will coat up to 24 (4 ounce) servings of gator tail.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.