Hunter's Style Rabbit
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 rabbit
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light cream
- Cut the rabbit into pieces; rub all over with olive oil, and leave in the
- The next day, rub the pieces with a cut clove of garlic.
- Put flour in clean brown paper bag and to it add the mustard, curry powder,
thyme, salt and pepper. Shake the pieces of rabbit in the bag until well coated,
then fry them to a golden brown with olive or salad oil. Watch the rabbit carefully
because it burns easily. Turn it over and over until golden brown and crisp.
- Reduce heat to simmer and pour cream over rabbit. Cover and allow to simmer
for 1 hour, or until rabbit is tender.
- Serve on hot platter and pour cream sauce over rabbit.
Serves 4 to 5.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Wild Game Recipes