Moose or Elk Steak
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sweet or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 to 6 steaks
- Brown onions lightly in butter; remove from butter.
- Slowly brown steaks on both sides in the butter.
- Spread browned onions over the steaks, cover, and cook very slowly for 1/2 hour.
- Make a smooth sauce of the cream, flour and mushrooms. Add to meat while hot.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.