Smoked Deer Ham
- 1 (5 to 8-pound) deer ham, trimmed neatly
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon cayenne red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- Put ham in large container; cover with mixture of all remaining ingredients.
(Can slice holes in meat so it can soak inside better, or pierce completely
with fork.) Cover well; soak overnight or about 10 hours. Rotate often, about
every 2 or 3 hours to marinate.
- Put on smoker and let smoke for 6 hours; turn and smoke 4 more hours or
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 12/5/2001 9:14 am.
Source: The Oregon Trail Cookbook