Smoked Wild Duck
- Wild ducks (allow 1 duck per person for hearty eaters)
- Red Wine
- Soak ducks in milk for 4 to 5 hours.
- Take ducks out of milk. Salt and pepper inside and out.
- Cut up apples and onions; stuff ducks with unpeeled apples and onions.
- Use a pit that cooks with smoke only. Put ducks on pit and cook slowly with
smoke from fire until ducks are tender. Add hickory chips to fire for flavor.
- Make a marinating sauce of melted butter, red wine, salt and pepper. baste
ducks often while cooking. Cooking time should take 2 to 4 hours depending on
size of ducks and temperature of fire.
Duck may be sliced and served cold as an appetizer. It can also be ground
and used for making a meat dip.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.