- 6 large squirrels, cut up
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 quart peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Cook squirrels slowly in large pot with just enough water to cover the squirrels.
Add butter and salt and cook until tender. Cool.
- Remove meat from bones and return to stock. Add potatoes, onions and celery.
Cook slowly until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, corn, pepper and sugar. Bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat
until bubbly. Thicken with bread crumbs.
- Serve with green salad and garlic bread.