Sweet and Sour Elk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup Russian or Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds elk steaks, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine soup mix and water; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add preserves, salad dressing, brown sugar and vinegar; mix well.
- Place elk in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Pour apricot mixture over the elk.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 to 40 minutes longer or until meat is fork-tender.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.