- 2 wild ducks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 apple, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups butter (no substitute)
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Cooked wild or white rice
- Rinse cleaned ducks. Stuff with onion, apple and orange pieces.
- Melt butter in a heavy Dutch oven. Add sherry and bourbon.
- Place ducks in Dutch oven and spoon liquid over ducks. Bring to a boil;
reduce heat. Let simmer for 2 1/2 hours, basting several times during cooking.
- Serve over wild rice or wild and white rice mixed.
Yield: 2 to 4 servings