Venison Pepper Steak
Delicious served over egg noodles or rice.
- 2 pounds venison steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon beef stock base or bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Cut steak into 1/2-inch strips and lightly salt.
- Mix salt and pepper with flour. Dredge meat and brown in hot oil. Set aside
remaining seasoned flour.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Add tomato liquid, water, beef stock base,
onion and garlic to the meat in skillet. Cover and simmer for 1 hour and 15
- Add green pepper strips and Worcestershire and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Blend in tomatoes and reserved flour and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings