Venison with Sour Cream
- 2 pounds venison
- 1/2 cup fat
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Cut venison in pieces and melt fat in heavy frying pan or bean pot. Add
meat and garlic. Brown on all sides and arrange in dish.
- Put vegetables in remaining fat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and water, pour over meat.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until meat is tender.
- Melt butter in frying pan and stir in flour. Add water that the meat was
cooked in and boil until thick. Add sour cream and more salt, if necessary.
Pour over meat and vegetables.
I make this recipe in my slow cooker and let it cook for an hour or two. I
use a fork to check on the tenderness of the venison. When it is just about falling
apart, it is done!