U.S. Navy Swiss Chicken Cutlets
From the U.S. Navy during Fleet Week 2004.
- 2 thin slices reduced fat Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 chicken cutlets (4 ounces
each, 1/4 thick)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup
dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut each cheese slice in half; place 1 half on top of each cutlet. Starting with
a short end tightly roll up cutlets, jellyroll style. Tie securely with string.
- On wax paper, combine flour and paper. Mix well.
- Add cutlets; toss gently to
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cutlets; cook, turning
frequently until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, wine and dried oregano to skillet. Increase heat to a boil. Reduce
heat to medium low. Simmer until chicken is cooked trough and sauce is slightly
thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove string and serve.