Basic Campers' Mix
- 4 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening, soft
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats.
- Store in airtight container in cool dry place until ready to use.
Yield: 7 1/2 cups
- 3 cups Basic Campers' Mix
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
Combine Basic Campers'Mix and sugar. Add milk and eggs; stir until just
blended. Pour batter onto hot, lightly greased griddle. Turn pancakes when tops
are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn only once.
Serve with butter and syrup.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mix Recipes