Mexican Bean Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup each dried pinto and red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup small-cut pasta
- Put beans in a 1-quart jar with lid. Put flavor packet ingredients
in a sandwich-size plastic bag. Seal bag with tie or ribbon.
the same with the rice and pasta. Place in jar with beans.
- Type or print neatly the Cooking Directions on a small card, punch
a hole in the corner, and attach with a ribbon to the jar.
Mexican Bean Soup
Rinse and pick over beans. Put into a 4- to 5-quart heavy pot with
4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit
Drain beans and return to pot. Add 8 cups water and contents of
flavor packet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1
hour or until beans are firm-tender (time will vary depending on
age of beans).
Stir in rice and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer
Uncover, stir in pasta and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 10 minutes
or until pasta is tender.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mix Recipes