Multi-Grain Blueberry Pancake Mix
This pancake mix, which you can keep on hand in the cupboard, is
low in fat and calories, and a good source of thiamin, riboflavin
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup soy flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries or currants
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place oats on baking sheet and toast seven minutes or until golden
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to food processor and
process 20 seconds until coarsely ground.
- In large bowl, stir together soy flour, rice flour, cornmeal, baking
powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add milk powder, blueberries, and oats; stir to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
*To make eight pancakes, use 2 cups of the mix combined with one
whole egg, two egg whites, 1 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon olive
oil; use a generous 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 351; Protein:
14g; Total Fat: 17g; Sodium: 482mg; Cholesterol: 128mg; Carbohydrates:
38g; Fiber: 6g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mix Recipes