Shake 'em Up Mix for Ribs
This is like Shake 'n' Bake.
- 2 to 3 pounds ribs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut ribs into 2-inch pieces and brush them with a teaspoon or two
of vegetable oil.
- Combine crumbs, flour and spices in a paper bag; add ribs and shake
them in the seasonings.
- Spread the ribs in a greased baking dish
and sprinkle the Tabasco sauce on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Baste the ribs once or twice while baking
and cover the baking dish with aluminum foil if the ribs are browning too quickly.
- Make a sauce from the cooking liquid by adding the tomato juice right after
you remove the ribs from the pan.