Cinnamon Praline Scones
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into pieces, chilled
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons
sugar. Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut the butter into the dry
ingredients until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and cream and add to the flour mixture.
Mix until just blended together.
- Turn out the batter onto a lightly floured board and knead for 1 minute.
Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 8 x 12 inches. Brush the dough with
the melted butter.
- Combine filling ingredients. Spread filling evenly on the dough. Roll up,
jelly-roll fashion, and seal the long seam by pinching it together lightly with
your fingers. Roll may be refrigerated overnight.
- Cut the roll into twelve 1-inch thick slices. Lay slices on the baking sheet
and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until scones are golden.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mother's Day Recipes