Cinnamon Praline Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into pieces, chilled
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons
sugar. Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and cream and add to the flour mixture.
Mix until just blended together.
- Turn out the batter onto a lightly floured board and knead for 1 minute.
Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 8 x 12 inches. Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Combine filling ingredients. Spread filling evenly on the dough. Roll up,
jelly-roll fashion, and seal the long seam by pinching it together lightly with your fingers. Roll may be refrigerated
- Cut the roll into twelve 1-inch thick slices. Lay slices on the baking sheet
and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until scones are golden.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.