Gingerbread Waffles with Peach Sauce
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix or Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced Cling peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Waffles: Combine baking mix, milk, egg, molasses,
sugar, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter in preheated waffle iron. Texture of finished waffle
will be cake-like; it is not intended to be crisp. Do not overbake because waffle will burn.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Peach Sauce: Drain liquid from peaches into a
4-cup glass measure. Stir in cornstarch mixed with lemon juice. Heat on medium until mixture thickens.
Cut peach slices into pieces and add to sauce.
- Serve over waffles.
Yield: about 6 waffles
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.