Lemon Blossom Twists
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Lemon Blossom Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Lemon Blossom Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pastry: Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a large bowl; add egg and sour cream. Mix well.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to yeast mixture, mixing well. Turn out dough on a floured surface; roll to a 20 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread Lemon Blossom Filling lengthwise down center of rectangle. Fold long sides to
center, slightly overlapping edges. Cut into 4 x 1-inch strips. Twist each strip once and place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Frost with Lemon Blossom Frosting while still warm.
- Lemon Blossom Filling: Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Lemon Blossom Frosting: Mix all of the ingredients together.
Yield: 20 rolls
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.