Portobello Eggs Benedict
Each delicious portion is served in a whole portobello mushroom cap.
- 6 ounces* egg yolks (8-9 yolks) or frozen/refrigerated liquid egg yolk product
- 6 ounces water
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1 pound (2 cups) butter, softened
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mushrooms and Eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh button or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces canned quartered artichokes, drained
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper blend
- Olive oil, as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 (3 ounce) portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 24 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
* If using frozen or liquid egg yolk product.
Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer
than one hour (including preparation and service time).
Photograph used with permission from the Mushroom Council - mushroominfo.com.