Raspberry Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, split or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 8 1/2 ounces cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 - 2 pints raspberries
- Heat oven to 315 degrees F. Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix together butter and sugar in a mixer on second speed.
- Add split vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract) into egg yolks. Slowly
add yolks, one at a time, to butter/sugar mixture. Beat until mixture is a soft
lemon color. Stir in sour cream and poppy seeds.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add into egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff.
Fold into egg yolk mixture. Gently stir in 1-2 pints of fresh raspberries. Bake
in greased muffin tins for 20-25 minutes.
Yield: 12 to 18 muffins