Ricotta Pancakes with Citrus Syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of an orange
- Zest of a lemon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Pancakes: Place dry ingredients and zest in a large bowl and whisk to blend. Separate
eggs and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together ricotta, sour cream, egg yolks, vanilla extract
and milk. Pour into dry ingredients and blend well, but do not over-beat. If
too thick, add a little more milk. Mixture should be thick but still flow nicely.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks. Fold into batter.
- Heat griddle to 275 degrees F or medium-low heat. Drop 1/3 cup of batter
on griddle sprayed with Pam. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, flip
and cook until bottom is nicely browned. Keep warm until served.
- Serve with Citrus Syrup.
- Citrus Syrup: Place all in saucepan and warm.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.