- 2/3 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup small cooked shrimp
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen cooked crabmeat, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 (3 ounce) packagescream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In medium bowl, beat all crepe ingredients with wire whisk or hand beater
until smooth. For each crepe, lightly butter 7- or 8-inch skillet; heat over
medium heat until bubbly. Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter into skillet;
rotate skillet until batter covers bottom. Cook until light brown; turn and
cook other side until light brown. Stack crepes, placing waxed paper between
each. Keep crepes covered to prevent them from drying out.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and 2
tablespoons of the onions in butter, stirring occasionally, until onions are
tender. Stir in shrimp, crabmeat, half-and-half and cream cheese. Cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup seafood mixture down center of each crepe; roll up.
Place in 11 x 7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and
crepes are heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons onions.
Yield: 4 servings (2 crepes each)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 585 (Calories from Fat 350 );
Total Fat 39 g (Saturated Fat 22 g); Cholesterol 280 mg; Sodium 690 mg; Total Carbohydrate
25 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 35 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 32 %; Vitamin C 4 %; Calcium 50 %; Iron 20
% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Do-Ahead Tip: Freeze cooked crepes, layered between wax paper, up to 3 months.
Thaw uncovered at room temperature about 15 minutes or until soft.
How-To: Instead of microwaving the filled crepes, they can be baked at 350 degrees
F about 15 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.