Turkey Pumpernickel Strata
Why not surprise mom this Mother’s Day with a special breakfast treat from the
heart? Not only wholesome, this great tasting Turkey Pumpernickel Strata is quick
and easy. Smoked turkey, mushrooms, onion, chives and garlic powder are spread over
cubed pumpernickel bread and topped with cheese. Not only will mom be pleasantly
surprised with your cooking skills, this simple gesture will leave her with the
perfect taste of “thanks.”
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup SMOKED DARK TURKEY, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- On 10 x 15 x 2-inch jellyroll pan, arrange bread cubes. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes in 400 degrees F oven or until cubes are dry. Reserve 1/2 cup of bread cubes for topping.
- In bottom of lightly oiled 9-inch square baking dish layer bread cubes.
- In medium-size bowl combine smoked turkey, mushrooms, pimiento, onion, chives, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread turkey mixture over bread cube layer and top with cheese. Sprinkle reserved bread cubes over cheese.
- In same bowl combine milk and eggs; pour over top of bread layer. Cover dish and refrigerate overnight.
- In preheated 325 degrees F oven, bake strata for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center of strata comes out clean.
- Allow strata to stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 360 % Daily Value* Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat
10g Cholesterol 270mg Sodium 1290mg Potassium 369mg Total Carbohydrate 22g Dietary
Fiber 3g Sugars 7g Protein 27g
# Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 35%# Calcium 40% Iron 15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values
may be higher or lower depending on you calorie needs.
Calories: 2000 2500 Total Fat Less than 65g 80g Sat Fat Less than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg Total Carbohydrate
300g 375g Dietary Fiber 25g 30g Calories per gram: # Fat 9 # Carbohydrate 4 Protein
Recipe and photo used with permission from: © 2004 National Turkey Federation
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.