Orange Coconut Squares
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Base: Combine and spread over bottom of buttered 9 x 13-inch glass baking
pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Filling: Combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; add to beaten
eggs, coconut, nuts and vanilla extract. Spread over hot bottom layer. Return
to oven and bake 15 minutes more at 350 degrees F.
- Icing: Combine and ice while hot. Cool; cut into squares.
Yield: about 2 dozen squares
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mother's Day Recipes