Orange Creamsicle Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, blend together
the flour, confectioners' sugar, butter and orange zest until crumbly. Mix
lightly with floured hands, press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a greased
9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Filling: In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Mix
in the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, orange juice and sour cream. Set aside until crust is done.
- Remove crust from oven. Quickly remix the orange topping and pour it over
the warm crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until topping is a light golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar through a strainer.
- Cut into 36 bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mother's Day Recipes