This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Angel Bavarian Cake
- 1 angel food cake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint cream, whipped
- 1 small can coconut
- Prepare angel food cake according to directions on box. Let cool.
- Scald 2 cups milk.
- In top of double boiler, mix egg yolks, sugar, flour and salt. Add milk
slowly. Cook until slightly thick over hot, not boiling water. While hot, add
gelatin soaked in bourbon.
- When cool, fold in whipped egg whites, vanilla extract and whipped cream.
Break up angel food cake.
- In angel food pan, alternate layers of cake and custard. Cover and refrigerate
- Serve with sprinkled coconut.