This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cool Lime Napoleons
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained and patted dry
- 2 large limes
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent roll dough across the length of the cookie pan; pinch seams
to seal. Lightly sprinkle with flour and roll dough evenly with rolling pin
to cover the bottom of the cookie pan. Prick dough then using a pizza cutter
cut pastry crosswise in 6 rows and lengthwise into four rows to make 24 - 2
1/2 inch squares.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and place on cooling
rack for 10 minutes.
- Place a slice of kiwi and 1 orange segment on each pastry square. Zest one
lime to measure 1 teaspoon and then snip finely with kitchen shears. Juice the
limes for 2 tablespoons of juice.
- Combine the whipped topping, lime zest, lime juice and confectioners'
- Using a piping bag or decorator fill with whipped topping mixture
and pipe a Rosette on each pastry, sprinkle with chopped almonds and confectioners'