Mother's Day Recipes
Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee
Treat yourself and your loved ones to the smooth chocolaty taste of a truly luxurious dessert. Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee is a sophisticated combination of vanilla and rich dark chocolate, topped with caramelized sugar.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces Nestlé® Toll House Chocolatier 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small pieces or 2/3 cup Nestlé® Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place cream, Half-and-Half and vanilla extract in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large mixer bowl. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture through fine sieve into six 4 ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; fill pan with hot water to 1 inch depth.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until custards jiggle slightly when pan is shaken. Cool custards in water until cool enough to handle. Remove custards from water; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap; continue to refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat broiler. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over tops of each custard. Place custards on baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized (rotate pan as needed to prevent burning). Alternately, tops can be caramelized using kitchen torch.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours so that the topping can harden and the custard can cool and set.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 50 min | Cool: 7 hr | Servings: 6
Per serving: Calories: 380 Calories from Fat: 240 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 210mg Sodium: 25mg Carbohydrates: 30g Dietary Fiber: 1g Sugars: 25g Protein: 4g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and Meals.com