This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee
Treat yourself and your loved ones to the smooth chocolaty taste of a truly luxurious
dessert. A sophisticated combination of vanilla and rich dark chocolate, topped
with caramelized sugar.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE CHOCOLATIER 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small pieces or 2/3 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place cream, half-and-half and vanilla extract in large saucepan. Bring
to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large mixer bowl. Gradually whisk in
- Pour mixture through fine sieve into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
Place ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch
- Bake for 40 minutes or until custards jiggle slightly when pan is shaken.
Cool custards in water until cool enough to handle. Remove custards from water;
refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap; continue to refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat broiler. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over tops of each custard. Place
custards on baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized
(rotate pan as needed to prevent burning). Alternately, tops can be caramelized
using kitchen torch.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours so that the topping can harden and the custard can
cool and set.
Preparation Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 50 min
Cooling Time: 7 hrs refrigerating | Servings: 6
Nutritional information: Calories: 380 Calories from Fat: 240 Total Fat:
27 g Saturated Fat: 16 g Cholesterol: 210 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrates: 30 g Dietary
Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 25 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and Meals.com