Mother's Day Recipes
Frozen Raspberry Dessert
Serve this sweetheart of a dessert with a speedy crushed-cookie crust and orange liqueur and frozen raspberry cream filling.
Prep: 15 min | Total: 3 hr 10 min | Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (28 wafers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds or macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries with syrup, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 drops red food color
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
- Chocolate hearts, if desired (see below)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and liqueur with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add raspberries; beat on low speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream and red food color. Pour over crust. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate hearts.
- Store dessert in freezer.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: