Mother's Day Recipes
Key Lime Pie
- 1/3 cup Key lime juice
- Zest of 6 Key limes
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum
- 4-6 drops green food coloring
- 1 (9-inch) Graham cracker crust
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Add lime juice and zest to sweetened condensed milk. Beat in egg yolks. Add rum and food coloring, if desired. Pour into pie shell.
- Whip cream together with confectioner's sugar and rum. Spread whipped cream evenly over pie.
- Chill until set, about 4 hours.