This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Lemon Creme Cupcakes
A twist of citrus and a surprise creamy inside make this starry cupcake heavenly.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow or lemon cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 3/4 cup Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting (from 12-ounce container)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 container (12 ounces) Betty Crocker® Whipped butter cream frosting
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Betty Crocker® star decors
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Make
and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs.
Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely,
about 30 minutes.
- By slowly spinning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and forth, make
deep, 3/4-inch-wide indentation in center of top of each cupcake, not quite
to bottom (wiggle end of spoon in cupcake to make opening large enough).
- In small bowl, mix filling ingredients. Spoon into small resealable food-storage
plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off one bottom corner of bag. Insert
tip of bag into opening in each cupcake; squeeze bag to fill opening.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1 container butter cream frosting, the lemon
peel and lemon juice. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with stars.
Prep Time: 35 min | Total Time: 1 hour 40 min | Makes: 24 cupcakes
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions for cupcakes on
cake mix box.
Special Touch: Use sugared edible flowers to garnish these cupcakes.
Did You Know?: You'll get more lemon juice from a room-temperature lemon
than from a cold one.
Nutrition Information: 1 Cupcake: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80); Total
Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 170mg; Total
Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2000%
Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker and General Mills